Join us for the Java Posse Roundup 2011 in beautiful (snowy) Crested Butte, CO from February 22nd to 25th with a free coding dojo day on the 21st.
- Oracle/Google/Android update.
- Oracle's continuing mis-steps with the Java community.
- Java.net poll: Which area of Java/JVM technology most desperately needs serious attention in 2011?
- Ruby on Rails support dropped from NetBeans 7.0
- Forrester on the future of Java.
- SouJava has been nominated by Oracle for an executive committee seat on the JCP
- Apache Tomcat 7.0.6 has been released.
- Amazon has added Java Platform as a Service to it's amazon web service offerings in the form of the AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
- Time to start talking about Java EE 7?
- Lift 2.2 has been released.
- The Scala team at EPFL has won a 5 year European Research grant to tackle the "popular parallel programming" challenge.
- The Android 3.0 preview SDK has been released by Google.
- The upcoming Amazon Android App store.
- NotionInk Adam tablet ships!
- Android surpassed Symbian based phone shipments to become the number one smart phone platform.
- And Google is now actively seeking to hire Android App developers with ideas for new and cool apps according to the Wall Street Journal.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab claims, then un-claims big market share gains.
- Verizon iPhone is out - same device, better voice network
- iPad 2 / iOS 4.3 supposedly announcing next week!
- Larry Page to become CEO of Google on April 4th.
- Vainworks - finally someone executes on Dick's crazy idea for turning a rear facing camera into a front facing one, kinda...
The Java Posse consists of Tor Norbye, Carl Quinn, Joe Nuxoll and Dick Wall
Direct download: JavaPosse340.mp3
-- posted at: 10:10am PST