- Dick -> Keynote at DevNexus on 21-22nd
- Tor -> Eclipsecon
- Java 7 developer builds are now available for download and testing.
- The upcoming EclipseCon 2011, being held from March 21st to 24th at the Hyatt Regency in Santa Clara, CA, will feature a keynote on the IBM Watson supercomputer that recently beat the Jeopardy champs.
Quick News sponsored by Constant Contact
- Contant Contact is seeking several skilled Java engineers for positions in Boston and San Francisco.
- Oracle has release GlassFish version 3.1.
- Apple released an update to Java for Mac OS X 10.6.
- Chronon systems have announced a public beta of the Chronon time travelling debugger for Java.
- Joe Darcy has stepped down as OpenJDK6 release manager.
- Thomas Enebo and the jRuby community step up to work on JRuby and Ruby support in NetBeans 7.
- ScalaDays 2011 will be held at Stanford University on June 2nd and 3rd 2011.
- According to a comScore report, Android is now the most used smartphone OS in the United States.
- The new Google maps navigation routing now takes traffic into account when planning your route to give you the quickest route for the current traffic conditions.
- More details have emerged about Amazon's upcoming Android application store, and it's starting to sound pretty good.
- 58 applications have been removed from the Android marketplace by Google following the discovery that they contained a trojan containing malicious code.
- Chrome 10 has been released by Google.
The Java Posse consists of Tor Norbye, Carl Quinn, Joe Nuxoll and Dick Wall