Ann Arbor training - it's not too late
And - Summer camps - including Scala Camp
- The continuing Oracle soap opera
- Contant Contact is seeking several skilled Java engineers for positions in Boston and San Francisco.
- If you are planning to submit a talk for this year's JavaOne, don't delay!
- Oracle has made public the list of platforms that it will be officially supporting for the JDK 7 release.
- The Devoxx 2011 call for papers is now open.
- ZeroTurnaround has announced LiveRebel 1.0.
- Despite a fairly stormy time recently in the JCP, it seems things are starting to roll again.
- Scala 2.9 final has been released!
- Scala Solutions (Martin's company) and Scalable Solutions (Jonas Boner's company) have merged to create a new company with 3 million in VC funding, called TypeSafe.
- The Netflix app has been released for select Android phones, including the Evo, many HTCs, and the Nexus S.
- The rumormill is alive with speculation and anonymous sources reporting that Amazon has not one, but two, android tablets coming in 2011.
- An exploit in Android versions before 2.3.4.
- Microsoft has acquired Skype for $8.5bn.
- David Braben's $25 computer on a stick called Raspberry Pi.
The Java Posse consists of Tor Norbye, Carl Quinn, Joe Nuxoll and Dick Wall