Sat, 6 August 2011
Java Posse Episode 360 - August 4th 2011
Fully formatted shownotes can always be found at http://javaposse.com
- JDK 7 out now, but some bugs
- Java Magazine, first issue out
- JSR-349, Bean Validation 1.1, has passed review ballot.
- JetBrains, creators of IntelliJ IDEA, have thrown their hat into the language ring with the announcement of Kotlin.
- NetBeans 7.0.1 has arrived with full support for Java 7 final (and runs on JDK 7), and also supports the new GlassFish 3.1.1.
- EclipseCon 2012 is moving to Reston, VA.
- Couchbase has release CouchDB 2.0.
- And staying with NoSQL news, the DataNucleus AccessPlatform version 3.0 us out.
- Scala is now available on .NET, again.
- Dr. Dobbs Journal has an interview with Martin Odersky where he talks about what Scala got right, what needs improvement, and what's next.
- Zegoggl.es has a guide to pre-installing the Scala libraries into the Android runtime.
- Continuing Oracle/Google/Android soap opera.
- Apple has won a preliminary patent ruling against HTC.
- The Logitech Revue has received a price drop from $249 to $99.
- Groovy++ is a statically typed extension of the Groovy language.
The Java Posse consists of Tor Norbye, Carl Quinn, Joe Nuxoll and Dick Wall
Direct download: JavaPosse360.mp3
-- posted at: 4:53 PM
To browse other episodes, use the Archives list on the right >>