Java Posse Roundup 09 - Project Coin
Fully formatted shownotes can always be found at http://javaposse.com
Small language (and library) changes for Java 7 discussed.
- Project Coin
- Modularization - Project Jigsaw
- JSR 292 - Support for dynamically typed languages
- JSR 203 - New New I/O
- JSR 296 - Swing App Framework
- Merge in Java 6 U 10 changes
- Concurrency - JSR 166
- JSR 308 - Annotations on Types
- Joda Time
- Elvis Operator - .?
- Java Lightweight Properties proposal
- Java Language Specification (JLS)
- New for loop syntax with index proposal
- ARM blocks
- Strings in switch
- Exception improvements
- Multi-line string proposal
- Static methods for interfaces?
The Java Posse consists of Tor Norbye, Carl Quinn, Joe Nuxoll and Dick Wall