Is the Java Language a Productivity Dead End?
Fully formatted shownotes can always be found at http://javaposse.com
at the Java Posse Roundup 2009, this session takes an objective look at
where we go from here with the Java language, and what the future might
hold (including other languages for productivity).
- Keep Java the same?
- Change Java?
- Properties and Events
- Project Coin
- Sid Dabster - User Friendly
- Changes in Fortran and Cobol
- Enumerations and Iterators
- Java Puzzlers
- Builder pattern
- Domain Specific Languages
- Does productivity in other languages scale to hundreds of developers?
- JVM languages summit
- Java FX
- Ruby on Rails
- Elvis operator - inline null check
- Java -source flag
- Reification in Generics
- Option types in Scala
- Higher order functions
- Java exceptions multiple catch proposal
- Checked exceptions vs Runtime exceptions
- PHP and Zend
- Technical Debt
- Python 3000
The Java Posse consists of Tor Norbye, Carl Quinn, Joe Nuxoll and Dick Wall