Mozilla releases Firefox 3.5 with HTML 5 support
- NetBeans 6.7 final has been released
- The department of justice has delayed what was previously looking to be a fast-tracked review of the Oracle's Sun takeover bid
- Java mobile app of the week - jTwitter
- James Sugrue has created an Eclipse Galileo podcast series.
- The Java.net community corner podcasts recorded at JavaOne have started to be released on java.net.
android project backed by Google and the open handset alliance has
released support for native C/C++ development for the platform in
addition to the Java development environment.
- Axel Rauschmayer has some details on eclipse-zone about the upcoming eclipse 4 development.
- Greg Brown has an article up on Java.net that covers some of the features in the upcoming Apache Pivot 1.3.
- A new refcard from DZone covers Grails.
Valley Code Camp 2009 details have been announced. The event will take
place on October 3rd and 4th at Foothill college in Los Altos.
- Michael Galpin has a new article up over at IBM developer works about how to write Scala applications for Android.
- Programming in Scala (Bill Venners, Martin Odersky, Lex Spoon)
- Unlocking Android (Frank Ableson, Charlie Collins, and Robi Sen)
- The Manga Guide to Physics (Hideo Nitta, Keita Takatsu)
Code Review Tools
OPS4J PaxRunner and PaxExam
Scala goes PLEAC
The Java Posse consists of Tor Norbye, Carl Quinn, Joe Nuxoll and Dick Wall