Code Generation: Good, Bad or Ugly?
Fully formatted shownotes can always be found at http://javaposse.com
discussion about code generation and where it might be useful, or
whether it should be avoided. Recorded at the Java Posse Roundup 2009
in Crested Butte, CO.
- Early vs. late binding
- EJB 2.1 vs EJB 3.0
- Bytecode generation at runtime
- Protocol buffers
- Dynamic proxies
- Interface injection
- WSDL - Web Services
- IDL - Interface Definition Language
- Working around limitations of Java?
- Database persistence, JPA
- DSL - Domain Specific Language
- MDA - Model Driven Architecture
- Dynamic Languages
- Schema migrations
- JavaFX production suite
The Java Posse consists of Tor Norbye, Carl Quinn, Joe Nuxoll and Dick Wall