- Devoxx - Nov 15th to 19th in Antwerp - call for papers will be soon so stay tuned
- Bay Area JUG Roundup - 6pm to 9pm May 12th at the Oracle Conference Center - free with registration - we will be there!
- Apple changes developer license, and prevents cross compilation options for iPhone (or iPad) application development, including cross compilation of Java or Flash
- To balance things out - Dick got a Nexus One, is loving it, and has already ported Flubber to it (again)
- Josh Bloch said that the Java platform has appeared rudderless for some time now
- There have been a number of further notable defections from Oracle following the Sun acquisition including James Gosling and Kohsuke Kawaguchi.
- JavaFX 1.3 final has been released today!
- A new client-side Java security flaw, affecting both Windows and Linux, has prompted the release of Java 6 SE U20
- For the first time in 4 years, Java has dipped below C to become only the second most popular language in the Tiobe community programming index
- POI - the Apache Jakarta library for creating and manipulating Microsoft office documents from Java has reached version 2.0
- The upcoming 2011 Ford Fiesta brings with it a new system for voice control over Android and Blackberry smartphones
- WebPerformance.com has an in depth speed comparison of running tomcat on windows and linux
- JRebel 3.0 has been released
- Palm OS has launched a Palm's hot apps promotion. Palm also has a developer day (April 23rd and 24th)
- It's almost here! Scala 2.8 release candidate 1 is now available.
- StackOverflow written in .NET
The Java Posse consists of Tor Norbye, Carl Quinn, Joe Nuxoll and Dick Wall
Direct download: JavaPosse303.mp3
-- posted at: 12:10pm PST