Newscast for July 16th 2010
Scala training update in San Francisco, early bird pricing extended (just this once)
- Eclipse 3.6 has been released
- Oracle has now confirmed that they will continue to support development for both Eclipse and NetBeans
- The number one sought after IT skill is Java development
- Apache Tomcat 7.0 has been released.
- Functional Java 3.0 has been released.
- Atlassian closed $60M from Accel Partners in their FIRST round of venture funding 8 years after they were founded
- "Positronic Variables in Fantom, or How Fantom closure can prove the equivalence between the Multiverse and Copenhagen Interpretations of Quantum Mechanics!"
- Scala 2.8 final is now out!
- Froyo (Android 2.2) has been officially released for the Nexus One
- And staying with Android open source news, HTC has now released the kernel sources for the Evo 4G and HTC Hero
- Android is continuing to gain market share at the expense of all other US smartphone OSs over the last 3 months according to Comscore
- Intel is reportedly porting android to x86
- Android App of the Week: Wifi Analyser
- Cloud computing with machine guns! OnLive is live!
- Old Spice cracked the nut on how to leverage social media for marketing in the new era
The Java Posse consists of Tor Norbye, Carl Quinn, Joe Nuxoll and Dick Wall