Newscast for July 6th 2011
- IBM has released WebSphere v8 with support for Java EE 6, including
- The schedule for the strangeloop conference in St. Louis, MO from Sept 18th to 20th has been published.
- A new trailer for the 2011 JavaZone conference is up, and it's great.
- JAX Innovation award winners - winners received $10000
- Developer calls out Amazon's app-store as a disaster.
- Half a million android devices are activated every day now and the number is growing 4.4% week over week.
- The US Patent and Trademark Office may have dealt a killer blow to Oracle's lawsuit against Android.
- OpenOffice.org has been accepted into the Apache incubator after a very high turnout for an ASF vote.
- Google+, sounds good, if you can get in
- You can now buy the new Commodore 64 from commodoreusa.com
The Java Posse consists of Tor Norbye, Carl Quinn, Joe Nuxoll and Dick Wall
Direct download: JavaPosse358.mp3
-- posted at: 10:10am PST