Tue, 20 March 2012
Java Posse Episode 381 - Newscast for March 16th 2012
Fully formatted shownotes can always be found at http://javaposse.com
Scala training - NYC - Apr 30th to May 4th, Atlanta GA - May 21st to 25th, Chicago IL - Jun 11th to 15th (phew)
- JavaServer Faces, the great survivor.
- Visual lang lab, now has a grammar for Java 7.
- The typesafe stack 2.0 has been released, which updates Akka to 2.0, and includes the typesafe console, and Play! 2.0.
- ScalaDays 2012 speakers and talks announced.
- Google teaming up with ASUS for a low cost Android 7 inch tablet, rumored for release in May
- Replicant project for fully open Android devices.
- AIDE provides a Java IDE for Android that runs on.... Android!
- App-inventor for Android available once again under Beta for any use, including teaching classes.
- JavaOne 2012 call for papers is live
- No Fluff NYC
- JavaZone 2012 call for speakers
- Google IO tickets will go on sale on March 27th, 7am PDT (10am EDT, etc.).
- Waze - mobile app.
- Google market -> Google play
- Libsyn.com - http://www.libsyn.com - for hosting and bandwidth
- Feedburner.com - http://www.feedburner.com - for feed redirect
- Kirsty Doherty, Amy Ehmann for Java Posse artwork
- Theme Music:
- Opening - "Java" the parody song Copyright 1997 Broken Records and Marjorie Music Publ. (BMI), written and performed by Loose Bruce Kerr of the Dr. Demento Show and Sun Microsystems attorney. Based on the WWI popular song, "Ja-da." Ukelele style on the recording taught to Bruce by his dad. Re-produced with kind permission from "Loose" Bruce Kerr - http://loosebrucekerr.libsyn.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAX0gJt-aZg
- Closing - Juan Carlos Jimenez - In the House (Intro No. 1)
- To contact us:
The Java Posse consists of Tor Norbye, Carl Quinn, Joe Nuxoll and Dick Wall
Direct download: JavaPosse381.mp3
-- posted at: 9:17am PDT
To browse other episodes, use the Archives list on the right >>