Newscast for Feb 11th 2010
Please join us for the Java Posse Roundup 2010 in beautiful Crested Butte, CO. for an unconference of fantastic geek proportions.
To find out more:
- Correction about Kenai going away - the kenai.com site is being closed, but the technology will be used on Java.net instead.
- Oracle/Sun, more technical details on the Java product lines
- Amazon are releasing a development SDK for Kindle applications, starting with a limited Beta next month.
- Developer.com has a guide to the new features in the recently released Spring 3.0.
- Felipe Gaucho has a wrap-up from the recent JFokus in Stockholm, Sweden.
- The Gnu compiler collection (gcc) steering committee has announced that it will support Google go from version 4.5 of gcc forwards.
- Myriad claims that they have a higher performance Dalvik engine for Android devices.
- Oracle has announced a large number of Oracle+Sun welcome event days to take place around the world in March and April of this year.
- Apache Ant 1.8 has been released.
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.0 has also been released.
- Flexycore's iSpectrum promises Java app development for the iPhone.
- The first Scala 2.8 Beta is out.
- DZone has an article about the best groovy modules you may not know about.
- Android based competition
The Java Posse consists of Tor Norbye, Carl Quinn, Joe Nuxoll and Dick Wall